Converting Raster to Polygons With Floating Raster Points

01-18-2023 02:17 PM
Labels (1)
BradyHay
Emerging Contributor

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to utilize ArcToolbox to convert a raster image into polygons for use in CAD. Unfortunately the raster to polygon tool won't work as the raster image contains floating raster points (32 bit). I found a potential solution of utilizing the raster calculator to convert a floating type raster to a polygon feature class but It's not under my current license (using ArcMap). I'm wondering if there's a different solution with the version I have or if I'm simply out of luck. Thanks in advance!

raster calculator.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

how many decimal places do you need?  1? 2?

int(!yourraster! * 10)  or int(!yourraster! * 100) 

just remember to scale back the attributes in the table if needed

... sort of retired...
BradyHay
Emerging Contributor

Hi Dan,

I appreciate the reply! I checked the editor options and it looks like 3 decimal places so I'm assuming I can substitute 100 as the value. I'm new to ArcGIS, is this a command to be entered into python?

Also I don't have an attribute table associated with the raster image.

ArcMap 5.PNG

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you need 3 decimal places  then * 1000  before taking the integer representation.

You won't have a raster attribute table because it is floating point and only integer rasters have a table.

And you want

How Raster Calculator works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BradyHay
Emerging Contributor

Appreciate the replies Dan. Unfortunately I'm not currently licensed to use the raster calculator (initial image). I'll have to discuss our current licensing internally in order to complete the task.

0 Kudos