Attribute table doesn't display

Jump to solution
04-25-2018 05:20 AM
MarieBabona
New Contributor II

I am trying to open my attribute table from Arcmap 10.5, but this one can't open and a get this message ''ArcMap 10.5 will not display the Attribute Table dialog box''. I tried this option Problem: ArcMap will not display the Attribute Table dialog box for a layer, yet it's not working. Can someone help me to fix this out. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I would try renaming the Normal.mxt.  To do this:

1. Close ArcMap
  2. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.5\ArcMap\Templates
  3. Rename the Normal.mxt to Normal_Old.mxt
  4. Restart ArcMap and try to open the attribute table

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Marie,

What type of data are you working with (i.e. shapefile, File Geodatabase feature class, Enterprise Geodatabase feature class)?  Can you try importing the data into a new File Geodatabase and then see if you can open the attribute table?

0 Kudos
MarieBabona
New Contributor II

Hello Jake, 

Thanks for your help. I'm using a shapefile, I've import the shapefile into a File Geodatabase but still the attribute table doesn't display 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Can you send a screen shot of ArcMap?

0 Kudos
MarieBabona
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

I would try renaming the Normal.mxt.  To do this:

1. Close ArcMap
  2. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.5\ArcMap\Templates
  3. Rename the Normal.mxt to Normal_Old.mxt
  4. Restart ArcMap and try to open the attribute table
ConnieWong
New Contributor

Thank you!  It works for me.  122320

0 Kudos
MarieBabona
New Contributor II

Thanks  a lot Jake! It was a little bit tricky to find the AppData on computer but I definitely found it and It worked out 

0 Kudos
CurtHarvey
New Contributor III

Having to kill the normal.mxt is an infuriating fix. Having  to re-create my customized interface is a total hassle. At 10.6 should this still really be happening? Of course not!

EvanJackson3
New Contributor

ArcGIS 10.7 and counting... This is still the solution! Unbelievable. ESRI please fix by including an 'Attribute Table" view open/close option in 'Customise' or Window tab? It's frustrating to accidently lose an attribute table, then have to reset the .mxt and lose all settings to get it back.