Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Assistant - can I use Intersecting Feature to pull two fields from one feature into one field from another?

12-30-2022 08:58 AM
Labels (1)
StephenKrupa
New Contributor

Good morning, not sure if anyone still uses Attribute Assistant for ArcMap, but our workflows are very reliant on it.  

What I'm trying to do is use an Intersecting Feature function to pull values from *two* fields (an ID and a name) from a polygon into *one* field for lines and nodes.  I've tried every combination I can think of to get this to work and have come up with nothing, so I'm wondering if this is even possible.  

What I'd ultimately like it to look like would be this (this code works as a label):

"text" + " " + [Field 1] + " " + "-" + " " + [Field 2]

I can get one field to populate by doing this: 
feature class|field

but if I try to add anything else in (the text, the second field) it doesn't work at all.  I've tried using both +'s and &'s as separators, and I've tried it with and without brackets around the fields I'm trying to pull.  

I'm not sure what I'm trying to do is even possible via attribute assistant (we currently do it via field calculation but it's so frequent that I'd like to save time), so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies