ArcMap has been opening a frozen map for days

05-03-2021 11:56 AM
TaraSmith
New Contributor

I use ArcMap online through Citrix.  Last Thursday I was working on a project when the map froze in the afternoon.  I force shut down, logged off citrix, and restarted the computer.  When I tried to open ArcMap again, it opened the same map, still frozen, with no other options.  I have tried on multiple different browsers, I have run any and all computer updates, and I have cleared my download history.  The computer has been shut off and restarted a number of times since the initial freeze.  It has now been three days that ArcMap has been stuck on this frozen map and I don't know how to fix it.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor
TaraSmith
New Contributor

No luck... thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

maybe kill the process and rename the mxd file

Town_ofFarragut
New Contributor

I realize this is really late, but if you are in the frozen map and do Control + F1 it will bring up the citrix task manager and you can kill the map.  Took 8 years for someone to tell this to me and it was saved the day many times! Good Luck!

0 Kudos
JessieCreech
New Contributor

For anyone who finds this thread.. the Control +F1 option works!! Even if you have closed out. Just try to reopen and when ArcMap tries to open the frozen map click Control +F1 and end all the tasks. Reopen ArcMap and it'll start fresh. Thank you! 

0 Kudos