arcmap extension not showing up

Jump to solution
04-24-2020 09:28 PM
DionWebster
New Contributor

I am a student with a concurrent license of Arcmap. My arcmap 10.5 seems to have a default listing or arcmap extensions in it that i can check out. When I go to ArcGIS administrator to add extensions no extensions are checked even though I have them cheked out in ArcMap. When I check new extensions i want nothing goes wrong and it seems to download perfectly, yet every time I reopen arcmap no new extensions show up on in the extensions window. How do i fix this? There is 1 forum online where two people had the same problem but never received an answer. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As I mentioned in my first reply, extensions need to be both installed and licensed.  If you go to the Availability tab/folder, it will tell you what extensions you have installed and licensed.  If you have an extension licensed but not installed, you need to talk with your organization administrator about getting the installation media for the extension.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the extension installed?  Licensing and installing extensions are completely separate activities.  It is possible to download licenses for extensions that are not installed and also install extensions that aren't licensed.

There are several extensions that are installed with ArcMap.  What extension specifically are you licensing and not seeing?

0 Kudos
DionWebster
New Contributor

Data interoperability, I simply want to bring .laz files into arcmap to make a DEM from laz and a shapefile. I have tried downloading but my account does not have access to the esri webpage to download the setup.exe file like other articles recommend. I'm guessing it's because I have an enterprise account and a concurrent license. If you reply the link, I can try again.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So your real issue is:

I have tried downloading but my account does not have access to the esri webpage to download the setup.exe

By "enterprise account," I assume you are getting your software and licensing from your organization and not purchasing it yourself.  The ArcGIS Desktop and extension installation media isn't publicly available, you will need to contact someone in your organization and ask for access to the installation media.

0 Kudos
DionWebster
New Contributor

Well the issue applies to every extension, not just data interoperability. It sounds like you are saying in order to use any extension, I will have to contact my organization administrator even though under ArcgGIS administrator it says I successfully checked out extensions like in the picture?

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As I mentioned in my first reply, extensions need to be both installed and licensed.  If you go to the Availability tab/folder, it will tell you what extensions you have installed and licensed.  If you have an extension licensed but not installed, you need to talk with your organization administrator about getting the installation media for the extension.

0 Kudos
DionWebster
New Contributor

Ok thanks for clarifying. I was thinking that a concurrent license would be different from a single use license in that regard, but it seems it isn't. thanks.

0 Kudos