ArcMap 10.8.1 freezing issue with specific TDS/MGCP layer

03-28-2022 10:19 AM
EricGorman
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a rather specific (and reoccurring) freezing issue in ArcMap. The freezing issue occurs when turning on/off the "SwampA" layer in both MGCP and TDS geodatabases. The strange thing is I'm able to properly symbolize, make edits, turn on/off the layer for about a week before the freezing issue suddenly occurs (this same pattern has repeated several times now with regular consistency across several TDS and MGCP databases). When the issue occurs, it may take up to 5-10 minutes for all layers to redraw if ArcMap doesn't crash in the process. When I turn the "SwampA" layer off, all layers redraw normally. I can move the "SwampA" layer into a basemap layer where it draws and displays normally, but then goes back to freezing Arc when I add it back with the rest of the layers and turn that layer on. I've tried exporting the "SwampA" polygon to a dbase table and reimporting it to an empty polygon feature class. I've tried editing all of the attributes and deleting all of the attributes to see if that makes a difference. But no luck so far. If anyone else has any suggestions or can offer any help, that would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies