ArcGIS Desktop crashing at start

a month ago
Ande90r
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Any solution for ArcGIS 10.8 crashing after a fresh installation?

I've tried several different solution since a couple of weeks but nothing is working.

Two months ago it was working in the same PC.

Every suggestion is well accepted.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @Ande90r 

I was curious if any logs have showed up in Windows Event Viewer related to the application crashing? If so would you be able to send the contents? If this isn't the case, I would check to see if all of your Windows updates are up to date while also ensuring any graphics drivers are up to date.

Hope that helps!

Cody

0 Kudos
Ande90r
New Contributor II

Dear Cody,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately no error message are shown and I confirm that all requested updated have been done.

Any other clues?

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What ArcGIS Desktop app, specifically, crashes?  I assume ArcMap is crashing, what about ArcCatalog, what about ArcScene?

0 Kudos
Ande90r
New Contributor II

ArcMap crashes at start as ArcScene, while ArcCatalog is working. Anyway when i try to open any folder connection, it also crashes. 

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is Arc set to sign into AGOL atomatically?  I had some crash issues with 10.6.1 when it was trying to boot up and log into AGOL.

Since Map was crashing, I had to open ArcCatalog and sign out, then was able to open ArcMap again.

Though, after this, I was also able to sign in again without crashing (I just don't check the sign in automatically box anymore).

R_

0 Kudos
Ande90r
New Contributor II

Atm the option for the automatic login is disabled, so i don't think this is the problem.

Thank you anyway!

0 Kudos