3D Analyst Toolbar missing ArcMap 10.6.1 -Help!

Jump to solution
11-13-2020 03:30 PM
HenryCrawford
New Contributor

Hi, 

My 3D Analyst Toolbar seems to be missing (or hidden). I can run 3D analyst functions in the toolkit, but the the pop-up toolbar is completely gone (NOT just greyed out).

• The 3D Analyst extension is enabled.
  • The toolbar is checked in the customization options.
  • The Toolbox is known to exists in my files (C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.6\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes)
  • I have moved around all the windows in ArcMap searching for the 3D analyst toolbar with no luck. 

I have tried to reset, turn on and off, the 3D analyst toolbar multiple times. I have tried opening the tool in blank ArcMap files. I have reset ArcMap and my computer. I have tried with raster files (e.g. DEM) in the workspace. 

Any suggestions? I am on an enterprise account and manipulating the core files of ArcMap requires elevated permissions...

THANK YOU!

Henry C

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You may find that resetting your application profile does the trick:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-desktop-installation/resetting-your-arcgis-application-profile/...

if not, you can revert to the old one by deleting normal and renaming normal_old back to normal.

%APPDATA% may actually be locked down depending on your organisation, and you may need to get an IT person to do this for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You may find that resetting your application profile does the trick:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-desktop-installation/resetting-your-arcgis-application-profile/...

if not, you can revert to the old one by deleting normal and renaming normal_old back to normal.

%APPDATA% may actually be locked down depending on your organisation, and you may need to get an IT person to do this for you.

HenryCrawford
New Contributor

Yes! Resetting the template worked, and no admin elevation needed. 

Thank you.