10.8.1 and Oracle version

Jump to solution
03-02-2021 10:46 AM
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

Support is telling me ArcMap 10.8.1 is not supported on oracle version above 19.3.

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS 10.8.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7—System Requirements ...

We are on oracle 19.9 and have issues with Triggers on Parcel Fabric.

We don't have any issues with non parcel fabric triggers or editing fabric.

Has anyone faced any issues with ArcMap 10.8.1, parcel fabric  and oracle version above 19.3 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

It turns out to be an Oracle issue.

SDO_GEOM.SDO_AREA function raised an exception on Fabric feature classes.

Same function worked fine on Non-Fabric feature classes.

All cumulative patches were applied to our 19.9 version as suggested by Oracle documentation during installation, on the top of that Oracle gave us a merge patch (snap shot attached) to be applied on 19.9 and everything is back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Have you installed

Oracle 11203 64 bit client

0 Kudos
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

I think for ArcMap we need 32 bit client and that is installed.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

From the requirements link you posted in the original post it says 64 bit

0 Kudos
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

I don't think client is an issue as everything except and issue with  fabric trigger on our delta table which started raising error after migrating to oracle 19c, is working fine.

Editors are able to edit fabric, reconcile/post and we are also able to create new versions as usual in our automated fashion every night and edits are pushed to base table.

Everything worked fine in our Oracle 12c environment and everything remains the same its only we migrated our oracle database to 19c

Trigger Error is related to SRID - Invalid SRID in the SDO_Geometry object

I would like to know if anyone had any issues on fabric after migrating to oracle 19c

0 Kudos
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

It turns out to be an Oracle issue.

SDO_GEOM.SDO_AREA function raised an exception on Fabric feature classes.

Same function worked fine on Non-Fabric feature classes.

All cumulative patches were applied to our 19.9 version as suggested by Oracle documentation during installation, on the top of that Oracle gave us a merge patch (snap shot attached) to be applied on 19.9 and everything is back to normal.

0 Kudos