Workforce v2 sync issue when user sign in and out

03-17-2021 11:22 PM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi,

We recently helped a client migrate from classic workforce to workforce v2 and we started noticing alot of sync error between the mobile and server. (see screenshot below).  

To provide some context, we have a client whose field officer(10 worker in a shift) comes in every morning, pick up a tablet and sign into workforce/survey123. At the end of the shift they would sign out. What we have noticed is that when different users sign in and out of the same device, they have a tendency to get the sync error as shown below.

To fix the sync issue, the user will have to clear cache/storage (android)  and on IOS (reload project). This isn't great as the worker are not tech savvy and frequently get unsync/outdated assignment (we have background code to manipulate the assignments) which leads to alot of confusion.

VictorTey_0-1616047322577.png

So long and short of it what can we do to resolve this as an issue? 

@CraigGillgrass  your advise here is much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, there's not enough information from the error code to help diagnose the issue.

Are there any pending edits when the Worker tries to sign out?

Craig

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

Thank you for that, your suggestion about the pending edit have possibly struck the nail. I was able to replicate the issue in the scenario

User 1 login to device 1. make and edit (unsync) and log out

User 1 then login to device 2, make and edit (sync) and log out

User 1 then login make to device 1 and the sync will break, (i am assuming the replicas fails to reconcile).

Do you think this is a bug or a limitation of the product? i am pretty sure the users don't check if an edit is synced or not when they log out

Do you also know if there are debugging mode for workforce?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@VictorTey we'll take a look at it and see what we can find.  At this point, I'm thinking it's a limitation but there may be things we can do to mitigate this.

Workforce does not have a debugging/troubleshooting mode - that is something we're looking to add.

Craig

0 Kudos
OladapoSatiregun
New Contributor

Hello Craig, 

I am working using the new workforce mobile app on IOS. 

I realized that the update rate is different from the classic project. 

If new assignment are added to the workforce project, the mobile worker does not get the assignment immediately and if an assignment is in progress on the field the dispatch map is not updated. 

How can I setup the classic to have a similar sync like the classic project because the classic sync is not working for my project. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

hello @OladapoSatiregun the update or sync interval for the new Workforce app is 60 secs, when the Mobile Worker has pending edits - so if they have location updates or assignments updates pending.

Otherwise, it is 15 mins.

If the example you give, a mobile worker has an assignment in progress in the field; that update should be made to the feature service within ~ 60 secs, since it would be a pending update.  There is a Sync command in the upper right hand corner that allows you to see Sync errors - it could be the Sync is failing.  I'd suggest start looking at the Sync errors.

Craig

0 Kudos