WorkForce URL Schemas

Jump to solution
11-21-2016 06:48 AM
JustinGreco
Occasional Contributor

Is there any documentation for opening WorkForce through a URL?  The goal would be to open an assignment in the WorkForce app from either a separate web page or from another native app.  I know someone posted some resources for Navigator on GitHub, is there any similar documentation for WorkForce?

GitHub - Esri/navigator-integration: Multi Language repository that contains documentation and sampl... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin,

Workforce does not provide a URL scheme that allows actions to be taken (such as opening a particular assignment).

We haven't received many requests for this capability; can you provide some details on your use case for it?

thanks,

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin,

Workforce does not provide a URL scheme that allows actions to be taken (such as opening a particular assignment).

We haven't received many requests for this capability; can you provide some details on your use case for it?

thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
JustinGreco
Occasional Contributor

Our end users were wondering if it was possible to send an email out when a job was assigned and then open Workforce directly.  I was able to talk them out of this and show them that Workforce will send notifications when something is assigned.  Thanks, getting great feedback on Workforce from our inspectors!

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin,

This request is in our backlog but not assigned to a particular release.

Is the notification capability of Workforce satisfying the request from your Inspectors to be notified of new work? 

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to see this feature added too, to support a partner.  

Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

I know this thread is older but I thought I'd share that you can open workforce with a url scheme using arcgis-workforce:// I'm not sure if ESRI has come up with an action to invoke a particular project of assignment yet.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Charlie,

You're correct that Workforce has a url scheme with which it can be opened, however, it does not support parameters that would trigger any actions in the app.

This is something we've considered, but as stated above, we haven't received many requests for this capability.  If you can go into some detail on your use case or scenario, that would help us with prioritizing this issue.

Craig

0 Kudos
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

For my use case what we are looking to do is have a URL in the popup for Collector that would allow a field data collector upon finishing a task (collecting a new data point) to go back to workforce and mark the task as completed. In my scenario a mobile worker is using Workforce to open a task (log a drill-hole for mining). Once they start the task in workforce they are prompted to open collector and record the drillhole. Once they finish submitting this info, I'd like them to have a way to easily jump back over to Workforce in the correct project and linked task to mark as completed. Hence the thought behind a URL scheme that could be used in a custom popup inside collector with a hyper link "Mark completed in Workforce" or something similar linking back to the project and task associated.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Charlie,

thanks for this additional info, I've added it to our backlog.

It's an interesting idea and solution to the issue of allowing workers to easily get back to Workforce and putting control in their hands. I don't have a timeline on when we'll consider this, as our next few releases are already planned out.  It could also help adding this to the ArcGIS Ideas site.

Craig

0 Kudos