Select to view content in your preferred language

Workforce Sync Issues After Deleting Assignments with Python ArcPy

2 weeks ago
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello!  I am using a python script with arcpy to delete complete assignments from Workforce. Whenever I run the script it causes sync issues on the mobile worker devices.  We have 10.9.1 enterprise environment. I reached out to ESRI but their advice was to upgrade our whole enterprise. Has anyone else found a fix to the sync issues without upgrading?  I have checked our file path and it is super short so that isn't an issue. It's almost like the mobile app gets upset that Assignments are no longer there. Mind you, they have already been marked as completed on the device and removed from the to-do list for the worker so you would think it wouldn't be an issue to delete them. The only reason we delete them is that if the Assignments layer gets too big then the mobile app experiences performance issues and so does the dispatcher map. Any advice?  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

Are the sync issues resolved on the mobile device if the user reloads the Workforce project on that device?

We periodically delete completed Workforce Assignments as well for performance reasons.  This action will essentially orphan the record that is on the device because it can no longer be synced back to the server.  We have found that sometimes after deleting Workforce assignments, the mobile users need to reload the Workforce project on the mobile device (essentially, this creates a new replica on the mobile device).

That has been our experience...

- Jake

0 Kudos