Workforce Offline Use

04-27-2017 08:19 PM
Laura_XimenaGuevara
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm working mobile GIS workflow with Esri platform. however, as you know, in Colombia Wi-Fi network isn't available in 100%, particulary in rural areas. 

For that reason, we have to guarantee that assigments and information in general (maps, features, images, survey, etc.)  are available in that cases.

We propose the next workflow:

1. Planning (ArcMap - ArcGIS Pro)
  2. Coordinate (Workforce for ArcGIS)
  3. Navigate (Navigator for ArcGIS)
  4. Capturing (Survey123 for ArcGIS & Collector for ArcGIS)
  5. Monitoring (Operations Dahsboard for ArcGIS)
  6. Sharing (Web Applications)

For the steps 2, 3, 4  it's necessary works offline, but Workforce for ArcGIS doesn´t work in offline mode.

The question is: Do you know a way to work with Workforce in offline mode or any option to replace it?

And if there is a tech support that I can contact please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Laura G.

17 Replies
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the update! I can't wait.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, 

Any update on the tech previews? I just downloaded Workforce onto a new tablet and see that it is a version last updated on December 15, 2017. We're really excited about the offline capabilities! Thanks.

0 Kudos
PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

Will this only be available for portal/enterprise users? is there plans to make the offline mode for arcgis online users?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

An update on the timeline for the release of Workforce to support offline workflows.

We're targeting Q4 of this year with the potential for this to be move to Q1, 2020.

Offline will be available for both Enterprise and ArcGIS Online users; however, we need to determine if a Tech Preview or Beta will be available on both.

If you're interested in participating in the tech preview, please contact us at workforce4arcgis@esri.com

0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
New Contributor II

Hi Craig,

Just checking if Workforce is able to support offline workflows already? I would like to try out the beta version of the workforce app (if available). There is a huge need for us to use the offline capability due to the remote areas with limited network coverage in our fields.

Thanks,

Pauline

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Pauline,

Yes, the Workforce beta is open.  We have an iOS version with Android coming in the next few weeks. A couple ways you can get to it

You can join the beta at : Workforce for ArcGIS 

You can go right to the beta site for Workforce : Workforce 

You can view the Workforce blogs by Jeff Shaner : Workforce Beta Update (February 2020) 

Craig

0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
New Contributor II

Hi Craig,

Just want to confirm is the Workforce beta available for ArcGIS online and ArcGIS enterprise as well? I could not find the beta version for Android users...could you provide the link to the apk?

Thanks,

Pauline

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Pauline,

The beta is available for ArcGIS Online; it is not currently available for Enterprise.  We are investigating how we could deliver the Beta for ArcGIS Enterprise.

The Android beta is not currently available (see the note on the landing page) - we're currently looking at mid to late April.

Craig