Select to view content in your preferred language

Workforce - Migrate Assignments to different Account

10-19-2017 04:33 AM
JonathanGroves
New Contributor III

I look after Workforce for an Enterprise Client organisation.

They have just procured an on-prem instance of ArcGIS and I am migrating the Assignments from the old (ArcGIS Online Workforce) to new (private Workforce) instance.

I have created a new Project, set up the required Assignment Types and given the Users the right Roles.

I have exported all the Assignments from the old instance using the Python standalone script export_assignments_to_csv.

I am editing the produced CSV file to make it compatible with the create_assignments_from_csv Python standalone script so that I can use this to upload the Assignments from the ArcGIS Online to the private Workforce...

I have a bunch of Status field entries in my export, which I imagine reflect the Completed/In Progress/Paused etc status of each task - but the create_assignments documentation does not say that I can import these.

Please advise how I can import the status fields?

Or... is there a better way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Jonathan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jonathan, we're still looking at this - should have something next week.

0 Kudos
JonathanGroves
New Contributor III

Thanks, Craig.

Kind Regards,

JG.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jonathan,

Only the scripts that use the Python API for ArcGIS have been updated to work with 10.5.1 Portal. It was too much effort to maintain 3 different versions of the scripts and moving forward the Python API will continue to wrap many things such as querying/authentication/updating...

The main difference between online and portal, is the field names are lowercase due to the Postgres datastore. To use the Python API scripts, you'll have to install Conda. It appears that you're running this on a Raspberry Pi? You can install conda using a shell script from from https://repo.continuum.io/miniconda for earlier raspberry Pi's you'll need the arm v6 for newer versions, you'll need arm v7. 

Additionally, we can look into adding the status field as an optional parameter to the import_assignments_from_csv.py script.

0 Kudos