Select to view content in your preferred language

Workforce Classic future

Jump to solution
02-22-2021 09:43 AM
JakeMatthys
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Is there an end-of-life date for Workforce Classic or a date in which it will no longer be supported?

Thanks,

- Jake

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jake,

Yes, we will no longer support Workforce Classic effective Dec 31st, 2021. If you are using Classic today, please consider migrating your workflows to the latest release of Workforce this year. Migrating will set you up for the inclusion of Workforce in ArcGIS Field Maps which is slated to start development late this year.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jake,

Yes, we will no longer support Workforce Classic effective Dec 31st, 2021. If you are using Classic today, please consider migrating your workflows to the latest release of Workforce this year. Migrating will set you up for the inclusion of Workforce in ArcGIS Field Maps which is slated to start development late this year.

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the information Jeff...

- Jake

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys
Frequent Contributor

Hello Jeff (or anyone at ESRI with Workforce),

Do we know what future version of iOS will no longer support Workforce Classic?  In other words, if we are using iOS devices with Workforce Classic, is there a possibility that we could get forced off of Workforce Classic before Dec 31st 2021 because of a iOS update?

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Frequent Contributor

It looks like Workforce classic no longer works on the Android version 10.     Is there a maximum Android version it will work on?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mele,

Are you seeing the below message? or you have experienced something different?
On newer versions of Android, you will notice this message:

NeelChowdhury_0-1616603204921.png

It is a one time thing and more of a reminder to the user. However, the dialog gets closed once you hit OK and then you can continue using Workforce app as expected.

-Neel

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya1
Occasional Contributor

Neel,  Thanks for the response.    We did click OK and then saw this message even though the worker was in the project.     I did open a case as it seems it should work, but it is not working on my Android device and our Fire staff android users.   

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Mele,

Few questions.

1. Are you able to open other projects on the same device?

2. Are you able to open the same project on other devices that is not Android 10 or may be even on a different android 10 device?

3. Will you be able to add `Craig_sp` as a worker to the project for us investigate more?

- Neel

MeleKoneya1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the attention to this and quick response

1. No,  none of our projects open on my Android 10 device.    I was not able to try the others but on mine that is the
  2. The same project opens on ios, both iphone and ipads.    I have not been able to try other android devices other than Android 10
  3. Craig_sp has been added to the project - I can give the URL here or offline. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya1
Occasional Contributor

What worked for us, with the suggestions of @Anonymous User  was to remove the worker layer from the worker map in Workforce.    We had changed some of the symbology and resetting the layer to the Workforce default got us back in business with our Android users.    Thanks Neel for helping us find the problem with our project.