Will a future release include Recurring assignments or repeating tasks? (monthly, weekly, etc)?

08-10-2017 11:04 AM
MarkPansier
New Contributor

Are you planning to add the ability to create recurring / repeating assignments into a future release of Workforce?  (without scripting/programming).  We would like to see this as part of the core functionality.  Thank you,

4 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Mark,

How would you expect this function to handle information in the workorderid field, etc? Interested in your thoughts or how do you cope with that at the moment?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JonathanGroves
New Contributor III

I think this is a great idea - I currently have to use a combination of Excel, a bash script and Python script to schedule repeating assignments and would welcome a native Workforce solution. My application is grass-cutting, and I use a unique location code as the WorkOrderID, and the Cut number in the Description field. So a feature for repeating tasks could usefully allow automatic incrementation of a value in the Description field for me personally - but I guess for most (less exotic) applications, the ability to set a pattern for WorkOrderID, which incrementing of numeric portions would make sense - perhaps thus:

LonBrg2-2017-Visit01 - where the "2017" would auto-set to the scheduled year, and the "02" would increment from the last.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
MarkPansier
New Contributor

We do have recurring tasks like all PW departments such as replacing reagent bottles in our chlorine analyzers(once a montg). We presently use our calendars on our iphones to remind us. Obviously it would be helpful to have automatic generation of work orders to manage this type of task.

Sent from my iPhone

Mark Pansier

Director of Public Works

Town of Ledgeview

920-606-6361

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos