Who can add users to project?

Jump to solution
05-15-2022 10:06 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

We've put our first Workforce project together. I am the owner of the project and work outside the organisation. There's another guy who I will hand the Workforce project over to who will end up being the main dispatcher.

He went in to add users, but he couldn't. (This is at the project level, not assignees.) He couldn't see the configure settings option however. I have him as a dispatcher. I am the owner/dispatcher.

Is there a way to enable him to be able to add users too in case I'm not around?

I found this article which explains how to change ownership, but I don't want that. I want to give him privileges to add users or co-ownership.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@elpinguino Only the owner of the project can add users to it.  No other user, even if they are administrators, can add users to the project.

Craig

View solution in original post

7 Replies
zermix12joe
New Contributor

Only the user with the Administrator role can add new users to the project. To send an invitation: Click the selector next to the project and select ...Best New Fast Food Items 

0 Kudos
elpinguino

@zermix12joe Is this Administrator in terms of AGOL licencing in general or Workforce specific. Could you show me with a screenshot? I can't find Administrator within Workforce. I see dispatcher and mobile worker in Workforce.

When I look at our AGOL members/licencing, the two users I've added as dispatchers into the Workforce project are both Creators and Administrators in our general AGOL licencing. The only difference is I am the creator of the Workforce project and the other person isn't.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@elpinguino Only the owner of the project can add users to it.  No other user, even if they are administrators, can add users to the project.

Craig

elpinguino

Thanks @CraigGillgrass . Will let the team know.

Is this something the Workforce team would consider changing in future updates? What happens if I'm away on holiday or can't be there to add new users to the project? I imagine there are other organisations and companies out there too that would like to have the ability to add users to projects entrusted with more than one individual. In my case, I build and hand off the projects.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

It's been in our backlog for some time; we would like to include this ability but it won't be added until the Workforce capability moves into Field Maps; which is a project we're considering for later this year.

The use cases for it are clear, and the ones you mentioned are at the top of the list, but other work has taken priority over it.

Craig

0 Kudos
elpinguino

Hi @CraigGillgrass . Thanks for your reply. We are very keen for Workforce capability to move into Field Maps. Anyway to move that from considered to definite? There are so many users out there that would benefit from it! What is the best way to follow the Workforce road map and updates? I'm following Jeff Shaner on twitter, but if there are other avenues like a mailing list or something ESRI sends out (like it does with its beta testers) rather than me having to proactively follow on social media or watching the community boards here, that'd be great.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd suggest joining our Workforce early adopter program (you could also join the Field Maps one).  Once we move to the releases Betas, that is where we'll communicate the information.

Craig