Unable to add layers to the Workers Map

04-02-2019 07:39 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I need to add a layer to the Mobile Workers Map in Workforce so that the agents in the field can see if this new layer overlaps with their assignment. I've tried adding in the layer and saving the web map multiple times, but whenever I open the Workforce App under a workers account, I can't see the new layer in the map with all of the assignments. 

The only layers that appear in the workers view are the workers upcoming assignments and the locations of other workers. Is there any way to actually change this? It will be really helpful for our mobile workers to see other point features within the app. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karen,

A couple things to confirm:

- What platform and release of Workforce are you using?

- Can you confirm that you are updating the _workers web map as opposed to the _dispatchers web map?

- After you update the web map and save it - are you restarting Workforce?  Workforce mobile app will not pick up changes to the web map while it's open.

Craig

StephenUsmar2
New Contributor II

Hi Craig,

- My mobile app is using version 17.0.1 on iOS 12.1.4, not sure how to check the Workforce version on desktop (if that's what you're looking for)

- Yes, I'm updating the _workers web map

- We have tested this by restarting Workforce under different accounts with no luck. 

In addition, the layer has caused Workforce to crash on Android devices. I've removed the points layer from the web map for now.

0 Kudos