Search by layer in dispatcher map

Jump to solution
10-27-2016 01:07 PM
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

I thought I heard on a webinar that you could add in your own feature services to the dispatcher map to let the dispatcher search and zoom to your own features when creating assignments.  For example, if you are creating assignments to inspect known fire hydrants or light poles, you could search by an id number and then create the assignment.

I opened the details of the *_dispatchers map service, went to Settings, then in the Application Settings, under Find Locations, I added in my feature layer.  But it does not show in the Workforce Project web app at all (where I create assignments).  The address search bar of the app does not seem to register any of the changes I make on the web map settings.

Kevin
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Kevin,

Look at the settings page,

From the dispatchers map you can add your layers

When you save the map the layers that you added should be seen in the dispatchers map. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Kevin,

Look at the settings page,

From the dispatchers map you can add your layers

When you save the map the layers that you added should be seen in the dispatchers map. 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin, I just tested this out with Workforce and can confirm it is working - I added a layer to my _dispatchers web map; similar to how Ricky showed in his post.  I then opened the web map settings and configured a layer to search on.

I made sure to launch workforce again; we only read the settings when the web map is loaded so if they are changed when the web map is opened; they may not appear.

Craig