"Unable to Start Assignment" on Workforce iOS app

01-30-2020 06:01 AM
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

We just recently started using Workforce for our Bulk Refuse Collection and our field crew has run into issues at times where when they hit the Start button at the bottom of their assignment in the app the message "Unable to Start Assignment" appears on that button.  We have only used Workforce previously a few of times when we had been flushing our water mains the last couple of years and have never encountered this issue.

I've tried searching the FAQ and Help for Workforce, and here on GeoNet as well, and I can't seem to find out any information on what could be causing this issue or how to troubleshoot.  Any ideas??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian, taking a guess at what this might be - can you ask the Workers to check their network connection when this occurs?  They may be in an area with no network connection (cell/wifi) or very poor connectivity.

Are you seeing this with iOS or Android?

Craig

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply.  I'll ask my crew to see if they are connected when this occurs.  We are using the Workforce app on iOS and the iPad has the ability to connect via the cell network in the field.

0 Kudos
CityofWestPlains
New Contributor

I am having the same trouble. Did you ever find an answer as to why this is happening?

0 Kudos