ArcGIS Workforce, ArcGIS for Enterprise, iOS and Android - cannot access 'worker' web maps

Jump to solution
12-03-2020 12:34 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Our team is troubleshooting accessing Workforce projects via the mobile app (both iOS and Android)  created in ArcGIS for Enterprise.  It’s our understanding that any Workforce project created on Enterprise is developed in the  “Classic” format.  However, it appears the newly released ArcGIS Workforce mobile apps can only show Workforce projects that are created using the new project schema.  Does the October 2020 ArcGIS Workforce General Patch , if applied to our Enterprise Portal environment, now build Workforce projects using the new schema?  If so, does it provide the ability to convert form the “classic” to new (i.e., having a 'migrate' option as in ArcGIS Online)?  Our ArcGIS for Enterprise is at version 10.8.1, but was upgraded prior to the patch release.

If no… Are there plans to address BUG-000125988  as we receive errors when trying to access “classic” Workforce projects on the old “Workforce for ArcGIS” iOS app.  These projects are stored on Enterprise with IWA security enabled on the portal.  This thread (Unable to Connect to Portal. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 301.) is the exact issue we are experiencing with Workforce.  Please note these “classic” workforce projects are accessible using the “Workforce for ArcGIS” for Android App.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

UPDATE: We discovered the patch I referred to in our original post above did not get installed.  We ran PatchFinder and could see the patch was not listed in the output for our Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 machine.  We were successful in installing the patch today, and testing revealed our questions above were answered.

If you are an iOS user, any Workforce projects built in ArcGIS for Enterprise will need to be in the new project format (i.e., not "classic").  Also, the newest ArcGIS Workforce app will need to be installed on the iOS device.  Any existing (classic) Workforce projects on Enterprise will need to be migrated to the new version using the "Migrate project" utility provided.  The patch benefits extend to Android devices also.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayHodny

UPDATE: We discovered the patch I referred to in our original post above did not get installed.  We ran PatchFinder and could see the patch was not listed in the output for our Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 machine.  We were successful in installing the patch today, and testing revealed our questions above were answered.

If you are an iOS user, any Workforce projects built in ArcGIS for Enterprise will need to be in the new project format (i.e., not "classic").  Also, the newest ArcGIS Workforce app will need to be installed on the iOS device.  Any existing (classic) Workforce projects on Enterprise will need to be migrated to the new version using the "Migrate project" utility provided.  The patch benefits extend to Android devices also.

0 Kudos