Select to view content in your preferred language

"Not as many fields as field headers" Import CSV file

Jump to solution
06-07-2022 09:54 AM
SharitaU
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm trying to import a very simple CSV file of workers in Workforce. When I try to import my CSV which has the same headers as the template CSV file, or even when I try to add new rows to the template CSV file, I get an error that says "Not as many fields as field headers".  Has anyone had this problem before/can anyone give me feedback.

Here's a screenshot of the csv I have tried to upload

workforce erro.PNG

Thank you all!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using Online or Enterprise?  If Enterprise, which release? @OznurGeze 

0 Kudos
OznurGeze
New Contributor III

Im using Online.   @CraigGillgrass 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@OznurGeze thank you. I just tried to upload the csv into a Workforce project I have in Online and it succeeds, I do not see the error you mention.  Wonder if this is browser/OS specific possibly. I'm using Chrome on Mac, what browser and OS are you using?

0 Kudos
OznurGeze
New Contributor III

Mine is Chrome on Windows10. But when you pointed if it is a browser issue, I tried Microsoft Edge, too. Same error again. Thank you for your concern by the way. 🙂  @CraigGillgrass 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

I've also tried with Chrome on Windows10 and the upload succeeds for me. Let's move to a DM so I can ask more specific questions, I'll send a message.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Closing the loop from the DM with @OznurGeze ; opening the csv in Excel can insert an empty row at the bottom of the file. By using Notepad (for Windows) this is avoided and the csv can be uploaded.

CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

I tried this and it didn't make any difference. I copied the cells to a new sheet and saved it as a csv also. Nothing works. THanks.

0 Kudos
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

@CharlescobBailey are you using Excel (or similar) to edit your CSV file? If so, for the final edit, option the CSV file in a text editor (I use Notepad++) and remove the last empty line. Save the CSV then try again.

If you are able to share your CSV file I can have a quick look at it.

CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

Well I thought that was going to work, thanks for clarifying about removing the line. It appeared to upload with a few exceptions that were understandable. But when I went to add, got this message 

CharlescobBailey_0-1668630030895.png I can't share the csv, it contains private emails. Thanks for your quick response. cob

0 Kudos
CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

Actually never mind, I somehow got logged into another account - success! Thanks again for your timely help = cob

0 Kudos