Select to view content in your preferred language

No Maps error in Workforce Mobile

02-22-2022 08:40 AM
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am having a problem viewing the worker map from a workforce project on my iPad. Here's my setup:

Enterprise 10.8.1.  ArcGIS Workforce 22.0.1. I have a dispatcher map and worker map that I'm currently testing. Everything seems to work fine on my desktop. I can view and configure the dispatcher and worker maps, and I can add users and assignment types. I am using my own active directory login (Creator/Admin) as a dispatcher and worker to test distribution of work. I have also configured ArcGIS Explorer to be able to view the Workforce Apps. 

So, when I go to log in to ArcGIS Workforce on my iPad, I get the message "No Maps - Maps will appear here once you've been added to them." I can confirm that my user is a worker on this project, and that all aspects of the project are shared appropriately. I can open the worker map in Explorer, but that application doesn't really have the ability for a worker to change much about any assignment they've been given (unless I've missed something). 

Any ideas on this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@ZachBodenner For Enterprise 10.8.1, you'll need to install latest version of the Workforce web app and install the Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 ArcGIS Workforce General Patch.

This is an update to the Workforce web app that comes embedded in 10.8.1.

FAQ on this is here

If you haven't installed that update; I'm guessing you're creating Classic Workforce projects which is why they are not showing up in the mobile app.

Craig

ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hm that might be the case - I know I downloaded the newer mobile application on the iPad itself, but I definitely haven't installed the patch. I notice when I go to run it, it specifies that portal content wont be available during install. do you know how long that usually is?

PS: the link to the FAQ is broken.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry about the link; looks like it was stripped out.  You can find it under the FAQ section
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/workforce/faqs/faqs-general.htm

The time the portal content will be unavailable to hard to gauge but this isn't a large patch so I wouldn't expect it to on the order of hours. It's generally recommend you do it in off hours to minimize impact, even with small patches.

0 Kudos