New Workforce App Crashing after Jan. 20, 2021 updates

Jump to solution
01-25-2021 10:31 AM
TimMedearis
New Contributor II

The Android app downloads my map but then crashes whenever I try to open the map. I had some mismatching feature classes earlier, but don't get that error anymore. Just the crash. Didn't have this issue a month or two ago.

The old beta app works. I've tried uninstall/reinstall and clearing the cache/storage. Still crashes.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you are seeing the crash with both the scenarios - with and without map areas?

Also, can you confirm if you are able to open any other project? and if you are able to open the same project on any other device?

Neel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

It is unfortunate that you are seeing this crash. For understanding the issue better can you please answer the following:

1. In my understanding it is v2 project and not a classic project. Is that correct?
2. You are seeing the crash on 21.0.1 version and was not seeing the crash in the previous versions though there there errors that you were seeing back then. Correct?
3. Is this an ArcGIS Online project or ArcGIS Enterprise?

- Neel

0 Kudos
TimMedearis
New Contributor II

1. Yes this is a v2 project

2. Nope earlier there were no errors. Yesterday I noticed the 'Worker Map' in the Overview tab of the settings had some layer issues and showed a yellow triangle warning, but I removed the layers, the warning went away and the issue still persists. Still crashes today.

TimMedearis_0-1611673677928.png

3. This is an ArcGIS Online project.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for answers. Will you be able to add "Craig_SP" account as a field worker to the project you reference above? Also, will need the project name. That way I can look at the behavior and see what is going on.

Neel

0 Kudos
TimMedearis
New Contributor II

Yes I will try to do that now. Thank you!

This is the project name:

TimMedearis_0-1611846173975.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried opening the above mentioned project map on my android device and did not see the crash. I was able to successfully open the project map.

a. Can you please share the device specifications - model and Android OS version? 
b. Also, can you please try opening the map by removing the preplanned map area? You can follow these steps:

1. remove the map area from the worker map
2. remove the download from mobile app and kill the app
3. open the app and try opening the project map again and confirm if you see the crash.
4. remove the download and kill the app again.
5. create the map area as desired for the worker webmap and then try opening project again. Confirm if you see the crash.

Neel

0 Kudos
TimMedearis
New Contributor II

Yup still crashes for me 😕 I'm using a Pixel 3a running Android 11.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you are seeing the crash with both the scenarios - with and without map areas?

Also, can you confirm if you are able to open any other project? and if you are able to open the same project on any other device?

Neel

0 Kudos
TimMedearis
New Contributor II

Late response here, but yes a new project and map works ok. Just something wrong with that old project I guess. Thanks.

0 Kudos