Select to view content in your preferred language

Linking Workforce Assignments Layer and Survey123 Data

03-29-2023 06:03 AM
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

In this case I am not referring to the integration of the apps, I am referring to a way to connect the data collected by a single person in both apps after the fact.

We're trying to work through a process where we have Workforce and Survey123 work together to capture work that has been done throughout the day. The goal is to have the task for each asset checked off in Workforce (a survey for each assignment adds too much admin time) and then a single end of day Survey123 form to capture the users working hours/resources.

The question I run into is how do we then link the assignments from Workforce to the Survey123 form at the end of the day to display in an Operations Dashboard? Is there a way to capture the device ID? Or how best would comparing the logged user on these be when we have multiple crews working from the same project in a single day?

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply
Jesse
by
New Contributor III

The best I've been able to do on this front is use webhooks and Microsoft Power Automate. I have a similar situation where, upon submission of a Survey123 survey, I update the priority of the original assignment. Because of Workforce's offline-by-default on mobile, those POSTs to the REST APIs don't always stick because it just takes the most recent update to the record.

I've also tried creating a hosted feature layer that combines all relevant fields of my workforce assignments and surveys (again using Power Automate and POSTs to the API). That's been more successful because it's a read-only layer with updates coming from a single actor, despite data coming from many different sources.

0 Kudos