How do i delete completed work assignments from workforce?

09-18-2020 06:03 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

My organization is using workforce to dispatch field staff to conduct damage assessments. Once those assignments have been completed how do I delete them out of the project? I saw a similar question that was asked in 2016 and the answer involved writing script to delete those. I'm not a frequent enough user to have needed to learn to write script for some of these programs. Is there not an easier way to delete assignments? It would seem a delete button available to project owners would be a simple add.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Bryan,

Surprisingly, we haven't gotten a lot of requests for a Delete button in the Dispatcher app for Workforce.

You can delete these assignments in any web app that edits feature services; such as the Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online.  For users who do not or cannot script this; manually deleting them in the Map Viewer is what most do.

Craig

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

To delete them from the web map do I just open the assignment layer and clear out the table?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Bryan,

Couple things:
- On the assignments layer, ensure Editing is enabled.  Click the overflow command (the ...) and see if Editing is enabled.

- You'll want to ensure you're only deleting the Completed assignments; so you'll want to filter on all assignments where the status = Completed to only display those.

- You can either delete the features one by one in the map or the table. Or you can select multiple and assignments to delete them.

There is a faster way to do this; however, it involves editing the REST endpoint for the assignments feature layer.  If you're not comfortable doing that, I'd suggest doing this through the Map Viewer.  You could also do this through ArcGIS Pro.

Craig

0 Kudos