Field Worker was added twice to the same project.

02-01-2021 10:53 AM
DCMcLain
New Contributor III

In the process of creating a new Workforce project one of the field workers was added to the project twice.  Has anybody else been able to do this?

Once this was discovered, all of the assignments were transferred to what appeared to be the active worker and the inactive worker was removed from the project.  It turns out that the Worker ID that the field worker could see on his device was not the Worker ID that we thought was active.

The plan is to remove all of the jobs assigned to this worker and remove him form the project/group completely and the then add him back again.  How can I do that if he's already completed assignments using that Worker ID?  If I delete the Worker ID from the assignments that have been completed in the table so that I can remove the user, what else am I going to lose from the project?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel,

It shouldn't be possible to add a named user to a Workforce project twice as a Field Worker - I have not seen this and can't reproduce it.  Did you see an error or a timeout when trying to add the worker the first time?

Here's what I suggest:

• Have the field worker remove the project from their device and sign out
  • Your plan to remove (I'd suggest you unassign them from the Worker) in order to remove the Worker from the project is the path to follow
  • You will need to handle the Completed assignments.  I would remove the WorkerID from those assignments.  This will allow you to remove the Worker from the project on the Users tab in the configure project page for Workforce.
  • Add the user back as a Worker.
  • To ensure the Completed assignments reference the worker; copy the GlobalID value for the user from the Worker layer and add it to the WorkerID field for the Completed assignments.

If you have any questions or run into issues, let me know

Craig

0 Kudos
DCMcLain
New Contributor III

Thanks Craig!

I went ahead and followed this plan yesterday.  Everything looked great.  I sent an email out to the folks involved letting them know what I did and what should happen.

This morning I had an email in my inbox saying the field workers to-do list was still empty.

When I pulled up Workforce the user had duplicated again!  Same named user as a field worker with two unique GUIDs.

I took screenshots of everything this time but I'm hesitant o post those here. I've invited you to the group if you'd like to take a look.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks Daniel, let's take this off Geonet and into email - can you contact me at cgillgrass@esri.com?

thanks,

0 Kudos