Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit Assignment in Workforce after its completion

06-05-2018 04:57 AM
DiptiRawat1
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying Workforce for ArcGIS for the very first time and having a hard time understanding why I am able to edit the assignment (Assignment Type, Location, Priority, Due Date, Time etc.) after the assignment is complete & has disappeared from the Mobile Workers Queue.

1. If I change the status of a completed assignment to critical, a mobile worker will no longer be able to work on it or acknowledge it, how will it impact my completed assignments. I do not understand the use case for this enabled edit.

2. If as a dispatcher i am able to change the Assignment Type from A to B and both have different Survey's attached to them, would it not impact my data in some way.

Please help me understand this!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your questions on Workforce.

1. If I change the status of a completed assignment to critical, a mobile worker will no longer be able to work on it or acknowledge it, how will it impact my completed assignments. I do not understand the use case for this enabled edit.

2. If as a dispatcher i am able to change the Assignment Type from A to B and both have different Survey's attached to them, would it not impact my data in some way.

Both of these are correct, the Dispatcher can change the Assignment Type or Priority of an assignment once it has been completed.  We heard of this request from users who typically need to make corrections to assignments after they've been completed.

Is this an issue for you in your implementation of Workforce?

0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
Emerging Contributor

Hi Craig,

I want to disable editing of the assignment after the assignment status is completed in workforce. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Pauline

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Pauline, no, this is not possible.

0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
Emerging Contributor

Hi Craig,

Would like to know if there is a way to disable the worker to 'reset' a completed assignment?

Thanks,

Pauline

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

No, Workforce doesn't have the ability to remove/configure the assignment status actions.

0 Kudos