Select to view content in your preferred language

Dispatcher web page with geolocation

02-13-2018 09:39 PM
GraemeHill
New Contributor III

For the dispatcher webpage in workforce, is it possible to add a geolocation widget/button to the map? We are hoping to have the ability for the dispatcher to be located in the field adding assignments via a tablet unless I am missing something I cannot seem to see this option anywhere. A dispatcher app would be even better!

Cheers,

Graeme

3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Graeme,

While the Dispatchers are stored in a feature layer, the ability to assign them a location and them display them on a map is not something that is not on our roadmap at this time.

Could you expand on the need to view the Dispatcher's location when in the field?  Who needs to see their location?  Other Dispatchers?  Workers in the Workforce Project? Or the Supervisor/Manager of the Dispatcher?  Or someone else in the organization.

thanks,

GraemeHill
New Contributor III

Thanks Craig for your response, to try and explain a little clearer, it is not the need for anyone to see the dispatcher location it is purely for the dispatcher themselves to locate the map at the position they are standing ie at the incident. At the moment the dispatcher can only search for an address or pan/zoom the map, if it was able to have the standard geolocation button then the dispatcher can click on it, map jumps to where they are (if they are in the field using a tablet) and then they can make the assignment at that location.

Screen shot of a webmap with the geolocation button

Cheers, Graeme

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for clarifying.  Let me add this to our list, we've discussed a few focused enhancements to make it easier to use the Workforce web app on mobile devices for Dispatchers - this could be one the enhancements we add.

Craig