Select to view content in your preferred language

Copy Assignment Types and/or Workforce Project

2 weeks ago
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

It has recently been asked if I could take out completed assignments and transfer/copy them to a new project or GDB for achieve purposes and to build a series of dashboards from.

I initially downloaded the project thru ArcGIS Pro to a file GDB feature class. 

However, doing some brainstorming, it made sense to just take the completed assignments and move/copy them to a different project. This is all because of the GlobalID in the Assignment type.

This brings up a challenge. I  created a new project, and appended the GDB feature class into the new project. However, the assignment types did NOT transfer. I figured if I could copy the original project and append the feature class of historical assignments, the assignment type(s) would match up and wouldn't need to spend hours reassigning the assignment types.

Does this make sense? Appreciate some help to accomplish this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IanGallo
Occasional Contributor

Easiest solution would probably be to add an assignment type helper field to your assignments layer before export, calculating the label value from the assignment type table into that field (this can be done in pro by pulling in the Workforce feature service via portal). Then once you export you won't need the assignment type global ID field. 

0 Kudos