Can Workforce Dispatchers Assign Mobile Workers Using the Workforce or Collector App?

04-01-2019 10:37 AM
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi. Is there a way to assign workers to a created assignment using the Workforce App? I found this article explaining how Mobile Workers create Workforce Assignments using the Collector App: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/workforce/field-mobility/workforce-and-collector-creating-.... The worker, however, cannot assign Mobile Workers to a created assignment.

Using the Workforce App or a mobile web browser, can Dispatchers create Workforce assignments and assign them to Mobile Workers? I signed in as a Dispatcher and created an assignment using Collector App, but I couldn't assign Mobile Worker to an assignment.

Thanks!

Rodell 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Rodell,

Is there a way to assign workers to a created assignment using the Workforce App?

No, this is not possible.

I found this article explaining how Mobile Workers create Workforce Assignments using the Collector App: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/workforce/field-mobility/workforce-and-collector-creating-.... The worker, however, cannot assign Mobile Workers to a created assignment.

That is correct, the article does not go into detail on how to assign work from the field through the Collector app.  There are several pieces of information that need to be set when a work assignment is assigned to a Worker - which the Workforce web application are responsible for.

Using the Workforce App or a mobile web browser, can Dispatchers create Workforce assignments and assign them to Mobile Workers?

Through a mobile web browser, yes, if you sign in as Dispatcher, you can assign work from a mobile device.  

Craig

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply. Are there updates on the ability for Dispatchers (or even FieldWorkers) to create assignments using the Workforce mobile App? I tried creating assignments using a web-browser, but the user-experience is not great, ex. I could not see the map to enter the address and the mobile keypad keeps popping up.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently working on using Field Maps Designer to allow mobile workers to create Workforce assignments in the field with the Field Maps App. Field Maps designer allows you to select which fields to display and it allows you to set default values. I was able to automatically set the Status field to Assigned, and pre-populate the WorkerID field (all of my assignments will be assigned to the same user) within the Templates tab.

SHartholt_0-1682607829044.png

0 Kudos