Workforce and Survey123 Integrations Tab Callback Option

04-05-2023 07:51 AM
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Workforce and Survey123 are a powerful combination together, it's even baked right into the set up of the Workforce project. The struggle I was having with it was after a user submitted/closed the survey they opened, they then had to manually switch back to Workforce.

Today I discovered that you can go in and manually edit the URL template in the Assignment Integrations table to include callback=https://workforce.arcgis.app to make this work, but what would be incredibly helpful and simplify this process for a lot of people I'm sure would be to add a checkbox or option on the Survey123 Integration set up menu in the project itself to turn on the ability automatically return to the Workforce app.

A previous idea that took this a step farther and included the ability to have it send a value such as a Work Order ID back to Workforce which I also love, but can see being a lot more complicated. That can be found here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-workforce-ideas/callback-between-survey123-and-workforce/idi-p/...

2 Comments
by Anonymous User
AdamGaudet

This is something similar that I had to tweak in QuickCapture a while ago when wanting to send a user back to the QuickCapture app after exiting a survey without sending a submission which happens quite a bit with our guys in that they are working with gloves on and often accidentally push a survey-linked buttons that open up surveys that they didn't want to open in the first place. By default as they close out of the survey they get pushed into to Survey123, which again, they don't want to be in there because they are doing their work through QuickCapture so they have to "home" button hit their tablets and navigate back into QuickCapture (super annoying). To fix this, you have to go into the JSON and edit callback tags to send them to QuickCapture (and not Survey123) after closing out of a survey without submission. Kind of ridiculous that this is not a simple checkmark when setting up QuickCapture projects (as this is a checkbox for going back to QuickCapture after submitting a survey) but here we are.