Workflow Servicew will not Start on Any Socs

06-19-2012 08:57 PM
LionelJames
New Contributor II
Hi
I have a distributed installation of workflow manager -- four Socs with two Som Servers.
Have installed and licensed the SOMS, and moved the wmrest point back from the SOC to the som and configured as 32 bit application pool.
Created the JTC file and placed on a common share that both the SOC and SOM has access to see.
Created a new WMS Service in ArcGIS manager and then used Arccatalog to finish the final parameters as the parameter tab in ArcGIS server manager is blank.
Set the environment variable on the SOC for the default_TX_DB and made sure the registry path for the dbconn path is set.
I try to start the service but it will not start. --   configuration.test.WMserver cannot be started -- server object creation failed on machine ...
My test system works fine, and if I point the production SOM at the test SOC it works, so I know its related to my production SOCS, all other mapping services start as expected.
I must be missing a step somewhere but not sure where. Log files set to verbose but no meaningful information in them. Have uninstalled and reinstalled same issue.
Any ideas ?
Am running ArcGIS server 10 sp4 -- with workflow manager 10 sp3 on win2008sp2r2 on all six servers
Cheers
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaghavendraSunku
New Contributor III
Hello,

Can you please check if Workflow Manager Server is properly registered on the SOC machines? Open regedit and search for JTXServer string.

Can you please attach the verbose log file from the SOM machine?

Can you double-check the ServerTypes.dat file and make sure the entry for Workflow Manager Server is properly setup?

Thanks,
Raghu
0 Kudos
LionelJames
New Contributor II
Hi
Can you please check if Workflow Manager Server is properly registered on the SOC machines? Open regedit and search for JTXServer string.
Hi yes String is present on each soc -- under software\esri\jtx

Can you please attach the verbose log file from the SOM machine? -- From log file

<Msg time='2012-06-25T11:00:30' type='INFO3' code='4001' target='WMX/test_lj.WMServer' thread='2400'>Thread 3208 is successfully created on container 3384 of machine acalgisxx.</Msg>
<Msg time='2012-06-25T11:00:30' type='ERROR' code='1016' target='WMX/test_lj.WMServer' machine='acalgisxx' thread='2400' elapsed='0.40600'>Server Object instance creation failed on machine acalgisxx.    </Msg>
<Msg time='2012-06-25T11:00:30' type='INFO3' code='4002' target='WMX/test_lj.WMServer' thread='2400'>Container 3384 of machine acalgisxx is removed.</Msg>
<Msg time='2012-06-25T11:00:30' type='INFO3' code='4003' target='WMX/test_lj.WMServer' thread='2400'>Thread 3208 removed from process 3384 of machine acalgisxx.</Msg>
<Msg time='2012-06-25T11:00:30' type='ERROR' code='1008' target='WMX/test_lj.WMServer' thread='3916'>Configuration WMX/test_lj.WMServer can not be started.</Msg>

Can you double-check the ServerTypes.dat file and make sure the entry for Workflow Manager Server is properly setup?
Anything special i should see? -- have compared the Test to the Prod and each file is indentical- test is working fine
0 Kudos