Workflow Manager Pro - Layers to Repoint

12-20-2020 07:44 PM
LisaBrimhall1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a couple of questions related to the Layers to Repoint functionality in Workflow Manager Pro.

1. In ArcGIS Desktop Workflow Manager, I can set a Job Type to use a particular map and also set which layers will switch to the Job's version (layers to edit) and which will stay pointed to the original version (reference layers). When I set it to use a Pro map, that feature is unsupported.

RepointLayerArcMap.JPG

RepointLayerArcPro.JPG

I think I may have found a temporary back door workaround for this. If I first set an ArcMap MXD as the base map, repoint the layers and click Apply, then change to an identical Pro version of that map, the repointing seems to stick. Only checked layers switch to the job version, with one notable exception - Topology. Also, this workaround won't work for us much longer as we will be leaving ArcGIS Desktop in less than a year.

Highlighted layers listed on Layers to Repoint screenshot above. The list is much longer, but you get the point. Checked layers switch to job version (except topology), unchecked layers don't.

RepointedLayers_ProWMX.JPG

2. No matter what I've tried so far, I have been unable to get Topology layers to switch to the job version. They stay pointed at the original version and users have to remove and re-add these layers manually. I must be missing something. Is there a way to set these layers to switch?

We are currently using ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3.

Thanks! Lisa

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LisaBrimhall1
New Contributor III

We recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.7, and the topology layers are repointing to the job version now, yay!

Unfortunately, it looks like the option not to repoint particular layers (like reference layers) is not available. From the latest help, "All the layers in the ArcGIS Pro maps (.mapx) will be repointed. Layers in the map (.mapx) cannot be configured in a way that they don't repoint in the Job Type properties on the Maps tab."

This is an important part of our workflows. I know we can set whether a layer is selectable/editable, but layer lists can be long and it's easy to make a mistake when users are turning things on/off. And layers added after the map is launched will be repointed once the map is closed/reopened.

Will 'not repointing' be an option in the future?

Thanks, Lisa

0 Kudos