Workflow manager in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
11-06-2014 06:39 AM
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

With the introduction of ArcGIS Pro and it's license model, things got pretty confusing for me regarding license distribution and software functionality.  A few of my questions/concerns are...

• named license thru AGOL for AG Pro are additional to my stand-alone license manager concurrent licenses, right?  So if for example I have 20 concurrent licenses I have additional x number of AG Pro licenses to use as long as we are in mantainance.  Looks like ESRI is moving forward this license model as other users perceived.
  • AG Pro Workflow Manager and the stand-alone WMX application will work as one?  I mean, it will continue to be the same repository (traditional approach in my case) but accesible thru both WMX app and AG Pro? 
  • What about AG for Server extension?  Is it neccesary to work with AG Pro?

Thanks for your feedback in advance...

Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TopeBello

Hi Ulises,

The number of named users you will have for AG Pro is equivalent to the number of concurrent ArcGIS desktop users that you have on your account. In your example, that means you will need to identify 20 users/logins in your organization that will be authorized to use the software.

AG pro Workflow Manager will work with the WMX application. Think of it as another client to use Workflow Manager in. You will use a single repository for the standalone WMX desktop at 10.3 with your ArcGIS Pro jobs as well. All the configuration of your workflows still happen in the Workflow Manager Administrator and is available for use in ArcGIS Pro and WMX Desktop Application. If you have the server extension of Workflow Manager, the same jobs will be available via the web.

For licensing, if you already have Workflow Manager licenses and are current on maintenance, then you are still entitled to using the extension in Pro.

ArcGIS Pro is fundamentally a new application in the ArcGIS family and is compatible with ArcGIS server.

I hope I was able to help clarify your questions?

Thanks.

Tope

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TopeBello

Hi Ulises,

The number of named users you will have for AG Pro is equivalent to the number of concurrent ArcGIS desktop users that you have on your account. In your example, that means you will need to identify 20 users/logins in your organization that will be authorized to use the software.

AG pro Workflow Manager will work with the WMX application. Think of it as another client to use Workflow Manager in. You will use a single repository for the standalone WMX desktop at 10.3 with your ArcGIS Pro jobs as well. All the configuration of your workflows still happen in the Workflow Manager Administrator and is available for use in ArcGIS Pro and WMX Desktop Application. If you have the server extension of Workflow Manager, the same jobs will be available via the web.

For licensing, if you already have Workflow Manager licenses and are current on maintenance, then you are still entitled to using the extension in Pro.

ArcGIS Pro is fundamentally a new application in the ArcGIS family and is compatible with ArcGIS server.

I hope I was able to help clarify your questions?

Thanks.

Tope

Ulises
by

Thanks, Tope.

Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos