Workflow Manager Automatic Job Creation

02-19-2018 08:48 AM
AliceDuff1
New Contributor

Hello,

I would like my Workflow Manager Admin users to be able to load a fishnet feature class/service into Workflow Manager, and for Workflow Manager to create an unassigned job for every polygon in that feature class/service. 

I can't think of a simple way to do this. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hello Alice,

Workflow Manager provides a GP tool to create new jobs with AOI based on provided geometry. You can access this tool in ArcCatalog if you enable Workflow Manager extension license.

The LOI Extent parameter is where you enter the fishnet feature class. The number of the polygon/point in the feature class determines the number of the jobs being created. It is also possible to create one job with merging all geometries in your input LOI extent. 

If you would like to access this tool on web, you can publish this GP tool as a GP service. However I don't think the LOI extent input can be a feature service. You will need to copy your AOI feature class to the server and enter the path of the feature class. 

If you have started using ArcGIS Pro v.2.0 or above, you can make map selections in your feature service within Pro and Workflow Manager provides a create job tools based on your selection.

Create and close jobs—Workflow Manager | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this help and let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Meggie

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another option would to use the Workflow Manager python api to cycle through the service

0 Kudos