Select to view content in your preferred language

Schedule start and finish date for each step

11-01-2022 09:13 AM
PabloRebufello
New Contributor III

Is it possible to define a start and finish date for each of the step of a job? Workflow Manager 10.9.1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

When running the step, the start and end dates are automatically populated. This is not something being defined in the step configuration. However, you can configure the step to run on a schedule. More details are in the technical blog. Also if you try to limit the interaction in your workflow, you also can set the step to run automatically. Due to the step duration needs to be calculated accurately based on start_date and end_date, we do not offer the capability of defining the end_date manually. 

0 Kudos
PabloRebufello
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response.  I have read the blog you suggested.  I will describe my case just for you to have more details.  I need the step to have its own start and finish date.  So the step can be executed in that period, even executed by user before the finish date but after the start date.  In the case it is overdue I would like to see it and decide how to execute it.   So, it is not a case of waiting a period to execute, nor something cyclical, nor automatic.  It would be manual but for a period of time, to be execute not in particular date but any time in a period given by the start and finish date.  Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@PabloRebufello Seems like you desire an calendar reminder, to execute a step within a defined time period.  Feel free to use a calendar app (Outlook, Google, etc) of your choice in combination with Workflow Manager steps.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
PabloRebufello
New Contributor III

How do I use a calendar app in combination with workflow manager step?.  I need not just a reminder but to see in WM if any step is overdue based on a start and finish date, and eventually execute other user’s step if overdue if my privileges let me do it. 

0 Kudos