Replicate data base on AOI

05-01-2013 03:49 AM
sagihadas
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm trying to replicate the data base on AOI.

My workflow has four steps: Define AOI, Create Version, Create Replica, and Open ArcMap.

My question is how can I set the AOI in a replica? I couldn't find any AOI token that does it.

Thanks,
Hadas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MilesHitchen
New Contributor

Hi Hadas,

I am hoping to create a similar workflow, can you tell me how you created the replica and also if you managed to set the AOI in the replica?

Thanks,

Miles.

0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Miles,

You can use the Workflow Manager GP tool - Get Job AOI as part of a Model that feeds into the Create Replica GP Tool. Then you can call this Model using the Launch GP or Execute GP Step type as part of a workflow.

I have attached a screenshot of my model that shows how to do that.

Replica_W_AOI.tif

Thanks,

Tope

0 Kudos
MilesHitchen
New Contributor

Hi Tope,

Thanks for the reply, that clears up the issue of getting the AOI into the job. What I forgot to mention is that I'm I would like the replica to be a "CheckOut Replica" so that our users can perform disconnected editing on their jobs. Is this possible in Workflow Manager?

Thanks,

Miles.

0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Miles,

The model I showed allows you to do that. I assume you want to run this as part of a step right?

You will need to setup the model with the desired parameters (disconnected replica) and then add that to a step in your workflow. This screenshot below shows the parameter that needs to be changed. you can set this as a checkout replica and have your editors work on them in a disconnected environment.  checkOutReplica.png

Thanks,

Tope

0 Kudos