Problem with adding a new JTX user with its db login (JTX 9.3.1)

03-15-2011 09:53 AM
DahaeHwang
New Contributor II
We have JTX Database 9.3.1 running on Oracle 10.2.0.4. and found a problem with setting up a new user configuration. First I created a new db account for SDE connection then tested the db login successfully from ArcCatalog. So I added this user to the JTX users from JTX Configuration Manager and assigned a group to that user for JTX previliges. So the user could see the JTX repository through JTX Application but it looks some of privileges that assigned to the user are not working properly. For example, the user has the privilege of 'UpdateProperties: User can update properties on a job' but the 'Properties' session was not enabled for changes when the user selected the job assigned to him in JTX Application. The user couldn't also run a step 'start editing'.
Is there any other setting to let a new JTX user modify job properties or start editing from JTX?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I'm just wondering if you were ever able to identify or work around this problem. (?)  I don't have much else to add, unfortunately.  "UpdateProperties" is indeed the only privilege that I needed at WMX 10 to be able to change the properties of a job.

One long shot idea: the "Save" button at the top of the JTX application should remain disabled until you make at least one change to a job's properties.  Once you edit a property, it will become enabled.  Could this describe what you were seeing?

Brian D.
0 Kudos
DahaeHwang
New Contributor II
Thanks for your reply.
OK, attached is a screenshot of my job properties (BTW, it is JTX 9.3.1). I have no problem to change any other properties (i.e. job name, priority...) but the Job Assignment session is disabled. I don't think there is a privilege for job assignment separated from UpdateProperties...is there any?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Aha!  Actually, yes, there are several privileges related specifically to job assignment.  From skimming through my 10.0 DB, I'd recommend taking a look at "AssignAnyJob", "GroupJobAssign", and "IndividualJobAssign" (hopefully I didn't miss any).  These should all be present at 9.3.1.

Also, it looks like job assignment works independently of the "UpdateProperties" privilege.  So you shouldn't have to grant that privilege for job assignments to work.
0 Kudos
DahaeHwang
New Contributor II
Thanks, Brian!! It was my misunderstanding.

Dahae
0 Kudos