Moving to a different server.

10-11-2012 08:31 AM
TylerKehn
New Contributor
I'm having issues getting WMX to work after moving everything to a new server (server1 to server2).

I've tried the post install and its output looks like this:

Unable to update GUIDs on table WMX.JTX_ACTIVITY_TYPES
Upgrade failed: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040354

I can connect to the database and see everything with ArcCatalog. 

But in the workflow administrator when the wmx account on server1 is unlocked working with wmx on server 2 works, but when locked on server1, server2 fails connecting.

I checked the help files but had no luck finding anything that would help me move wmx tables to a different server.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KevinBedel
Esri Contributor
Hi Tyler,

This sounds like it may be an issue where you have User Connection properties that were set on your old server, and these were transferred to the new server. This help document discusses setting User Connections starting in step #5: 10.1
or 10.0.

If you do have User Connection settings configured that are pointing to the old server, you can update these to point to the new server. Another option would be to clear these if they are not actually required. User Connection properties are designed to be used when you want each user to connect to the Workflow Manager repository using their own database login. If all users are either connecting as the same login, or all users are using OS authentication, this is not required and can be cleared. At 10.1, if you have these set and want to clear them, there is a button at the bottom left of the User Properties form that will let you clear them.

I hope this helps.

Kevin
0 Kudos