Issues With Workflow Manager (Classic) in ArcGIS Pro 2.7

01-20-2021 11:07 PM
MJames
by
New Contributor III

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues or bugs whilst using Workflow Manager (Classic) with ArcGIS Pro 2.7?

We are experiencing a bug where jobs with no parent are given a parent id of -1 rather than 0 as it was in previous versions. We are also experiencing a related bug where some of our users are having intermittent issues where an existing valid parent id is being removed from a job when the user makes other unrelated edits to the properties under the job Descriptive Information tab. The result is that the parent id disappears from the user interface (ArcGIS Pro) and appears as a -1 in the jtx table.

Would appreciate any info or fixes anyone might have as this is causing us significant issues with our record management and as a result we will have to roll back to 2.6.3.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for posting about the issue you are seeing with Parent ID values in Workflow Manager Classic. I wanted to reach out and see if you would be able to contact Esri Technical Support so that they can troubleshoot this issue with you? It would help us in better understanding the behavior and how/when you are seeing it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
LisaBrimhall1
New Contributor III

We just upgraded to 2.7 and are experiencing something similar. When a job is first created, it has a parent of 0, but once we change something on the Descriptive Information tab and click Apply, it changes to -1. For the parents getting wiped out and replaced with -1, what we've seen is that it's fine when we first set up the job. We can make multiple separate changes to Descriptive Info, click Apply each time, and it's all good. But If we close the job (just the interface), open and make additional changes, then the parent disappears.

I do hope this will be fixed; we use parent jobs in our work as well.

Thanks, Lisa

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi Lisa

We do have a bug logged for this issue and this will be fixed. More information on when that will happen will come soon.

BUG-000137289: Parent_JOB value is removed after modifying job Description

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
LisaBrimhall1
New Contributor III

Great, thank you!

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that we've fixed this issue and it has been included with the ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2 release. For more information on issues addressed with the 2.7.2 release, please see this page. This issue will also be fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos