assign a job for a user

06-04-2012 07:40 AM
adineuman
New Contributor II
Hello,

1.Is there any option to prevent from assigning a job to a user that is not a member of the group that was assigned for this job type? (validation)
2.When I'm creating a new job in workflow manager for a specific user, it creates jobs with the same job id for all users, even though the user is not in the group that was assigned for this job type. What am I doing wrong?

I have WMX and sp10.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KevinBedel
Esri Contributor
Hi Coral,

1. If the logged in user has the AssignAnyJob privilege, there is no way to restrict the assignment based on what group the job is currently assigned to. However, if a user only has the GroupJobAssign privilege, they will only be able to assign it to other members of the groups they belong to. This may accomplish the same result that you desire.
2. This sounds like it might be an issue with the job query, as only 1 job is ever created with the same ID. The query may have an improper join to the JTX_USERS table and is showing the same job for each record in the table. Was this query created with the SQL Builder? If so, can you try removing the JTX_USERS table from the FROM section of the query (as well as any fields from this table from the SELECT section) and see if it resolves the issue?

Kevin
0 Kudos