Select to view content in your preferred language

On-The-Fly area calculation

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
BlakeMorrison
New Contributor III

I have many polygons in a FS, each with an area attribute listing the area of the feature. The area is either pre-calculated or calculated on creation via an attribute expression in Smart Forms. I display this area attribute as a label on top of each feature. My end users will sometimes be splitting features using the web editor split function, but with the current setup the area attribute displayed in the label will not be re-calculated unless the smart form is used to edit/save attributes.

The only solution I can think of is to calculate the area as an attribute expression within the label, but the accuracy is too variable and unpredictable.

Would it be a reasonable suggestion to request that certain attributes or expressions be re-run/written when geometry has been edited?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BlakeMorrison this is something we're working on now and we hope to include in Web Editor before the UC in a few weeks.

You're correct, the feature form must be visible for the expressions to be run.  We're looking at how to run expressions when geometry has been edited.  

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BlakeMorrison this is something we're working on now and we hope to include in Web Editor before the UC in a few weeks.

You're correct, the feature form must be visible for the expressions to be run.  We're looking at how to run expressions when geometry has been edited.  

Craig

0 Kudos
BlakeMorrison
New Contributor III

Thanks @CraigGillgrass 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@BlakeMorrison this should now be possible with an update to Web Editor that we pushed out last night.  Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

0 Kudos