Who is using WAB for Developers v2.2 to Edit Related Records?

Jump to solution
11-09-2016 01:58 PM
RyanNosek
Occasional Contributor II

Is anyone successfully using WAB for developers to edit related records? If so, please respond to this post!

The reason I ask - I just went through my WAB 2.2 updates from 2.1, and not only will the Edit widget not work with my related tables ( 1 to many, etc.), but my app's don't even recognize any relationships that are set up (as in not even for viewing related records). 

To make sure I'm not crazy (which, a day after the election i might be..), I tested both of these same web maps with the hosted version of Web AppBuilder via ArcGIS Online - and editing related records worked flawlessly (which goes without saying that it recognized my relationship classes/tables as well). 

Really hoping i'm making a silly, minor mistake.  

Thanks in advance for your responses.

wab 2.2‌ webapp builder developer edition‌

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

Edited to include graphic.

missing edit relate functionality in WAB2.2 for dev

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

WAB Dev forces https if you used an https url for your portal when you first started WAB Dev and it asked for your portal url. To fix this you delete the signininfo.json file from the server folder and restart WAB dev and when it asks for you portal url you give it a http address this time.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

Have you tried creating a new 2.2 app and testing one that has not been upgraded?

RyanNosek

Robert - 

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did do exactly that... And I even deleted my first installation of WAB 2.2 since I did indeed try upgrading an app into 2.2 to initially try using the editing related functionality. 

Even with a brand new install (and I've even gone out to esri's website to download again), I'm still getting same behavior. My next attempt is to install WAB 2.2 in an entirely different location on my computer.  

Any other thoughts? Is it working as expected for you?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

I don't work with related data or editing it so I could not say.

0 Kudos
RyanNosek

I've also tried exporting the correctly working AGO hosted WAB version, then imported into WAB for Dev 2.2, and did not work. hmm

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

What does your web console say?

0 Kudos
RyanNosek

Nothing of note, in my opinion. No errors, just 18 warnings for loading mixed content (png's used for symbology in the webmap). 

After Load Config, I am returning a message, not defined as an Error in the Console, except in the way that the messages are written: 

dojo.io.script error Error: You do not have permission to access this resource or perform this operation. init.js:880

This message repeats four times after Load config, but is also present in the console when running the correctly working WAB app hosted in AGO. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sound like a need for a proxy.

0 Kudos
RyanNosek

Yeah not sure that is the problem either. I downloaded the correctly working WAB version from AGO, and instead of uploading to my WAB developer version, I just hosted on my local web server and production servers, and it worked just fine! I did not set up a proxy.

Which leads me to believe it's something with WAB for Dev version 2.2, which I thought was suppose to support editing related tables?

0 Kudos
RyanNosek

dlaw-esristaff‌ do you know of any special considerations when trying to get this functionality to work in WAB for developers? Curious if anyone else has reported experiencing this same issue?

0 Kudos