which widget for code violation search?

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 06:33 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on code violation web map app . WAB.  I want to know which right widget is to search code violation? included case number, address, folio with open/close date, status, description and so on? I have seen filter, query and screening widgets. I am not sure how to set it up. Please advise. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I suppose the Filter widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  would be the easiest way to do this. Just add filters based on the attributes that you want to include. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
XanderBakker

I suppose the Filter widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  would be the easiest way to do this. Just add filters based on the attributes that you want to include. 

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would agree with Xander if you have a web map that shows all the code violations all the time and you want to only display the matches of the user defined filter after the user interacts with the widget. If you only want to show the violation that match some criteria after the user interact with the widget (i.e. the violation data set is not part of the web map and thus not showing the complete data all the time), then I would use the Query widget or a custom widget like the eSearch depending on your requirements.

AlexP_
by

Hello,

I am having an issue with muitlple different case numbers for one address.  I tried fliter, near me, screening report and none of them applied one address with ALL different case numbers. Please advise. Thank you!

i.e. Address: 1234 NW 123 St = Case Numbers (ALL) 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

???. What is the SQL expression you are attempting to use?

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

See screenshot What I input. Am I doing this right? This is fliter widget.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

If you use the "is" operator you will have to provide the exact address in order to get a result.

AlexP_
by

Thank you Robert and Xander for your reply. I will check it out! I will let you know if anything.

0 Kudos