Where is the App ID located in the deployed webapp files?

Jump to solution
12-11-2018 11:18 AM
RobertLackage
New Contributor III

I would like to find the App ID registration info for a webapp I have deployed on a server. I have looked in the appinfo.json, config.json and index.html files but found nothing about the specific App ID.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robert,

The app Id has to be entered manually in the config.json (Only for apps that use secured resources).

See steps 5 & 6 in the link below:

Deploy your app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robert,

The app Id has to be entered manually in the config.json (Only for apps that use secured resources).

See steps 5 & 6 in the link below:

Deploy your app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
RobertLackage
New Contributor III

To explain my situation, I am a student at a university and created this web app using developer edition that is now deployed on a server. I am afraid when I leave school, my credentials for ESRI will expire and along with it the app. Am I correct? I am wondering why an App ID is necessary to use the web appbuilder developer edition when first loading/installing...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robert,

The App ID is required when you first install WAB Dev so that it can authenticate with your Portal/AGOL Org to allow access to your web maps and data. Once the app is build and deployed you do not need to have an app Id in your deployed WAB app unless you are using a private web map or secured layer in your web map. Normally I never use an App Id in my deployed WAB sites (because the web maps I use a publicly shared).