Where is the Analysis widget in Web Appbuilder

Jump to solution
09-10-2015 08:13 AM
ChrisJones-Roberts
New Contributor III

I have WAB 1.2 (Developer edition) installed and portal 10.3.1 installed but the Analysis widget is not an option in WAB. I can see the folder for the widget in the stemapp folder but I apparently is not loaded into the application. Has anyone successfully had the Analysis widget show up when connected to Portal?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cole,

Q) Using Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 and WAB Dev 1.2, which has the analysis widget, can you use this widget when deployed to the web server?

A) No. The Analysis widget in Web AppBuilder Developer edition v1.2 is NOT supported with Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1. The widget only works with an ArcGIS Online organization.

As Jian said, support for the analysis tools in Portal for ArcGIS will be coming in the 10.4 release - which is still in development.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

Along the same lines as your question, I'm wondering if anyone using Portal rather than Online has had success implementing the Analysis widget in WAB. All the esri documentation indicates you must use AGO login for this, it doesn't reference Portal users. With the Analysis widget not being available in the 10.3.1 built-in WAB, will the developer addition successfully allow us to add it?

0 Kudos
JianWang3
New Contributor III

If you use Portal and want to add Analysis widget in WAB, you should have these privileges:

1.  Built-in role of admin or publisher, or custom role having these privileges: Create Item, Publish Features and Spatial Analysis

2.  Configure analysis url in your portal

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

I think you may have misunderstood, Jian. Per the esri documentation, there isn't a "spatial analysis" line item for user privileges in Portal-- that's AGO. I also am not sure what url you refer to-- the Analysis widget is not the same as the geoprocessing widget.

Organization roles—Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos
ChrisJones-Roberts
New Contributor III

Jian: The role I am using for WAB is the Admin for my Portal so I should have full privileges. I also am not sure which URL I could add and where I could add it.

Thanks

JianWang3
New Contributor III

I'm sorry that I ignored your portal's version. Perform analysis is a new feature in portal 10.4. So you can't use it with portal 10.3.1.

I think you are running the latest WAB for portal 10.4, it allows you add analysis widget even if you use portal. But this feature is for portal 10.4 too.

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

I'm still a bit confused by that response. Using portal 10.3.1 and WAB Dev 1.2, which has the analysis widget, can you use this widget when deployed to the web server?

I assume you mean WAB built in to Portal 10.4 would have analysis widget, but that's not the workflow used here (nor is 10.4 available yet).

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cole,

Q) Using Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 and WAB Dev 1.2, which has the analysis widget, can you use this widget when deployed to the web server?

A) No. The Analysis widget in Web AppBuilder Developer edition v1.2 is NOT supported with Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1. The widget only works with an ArcGIS Online organization.

As Jian said, support for the analysis tools in Portal for ArcGIS will be coming in the 10.4 release - which is still in development.

Hope this helps,

ColeAndrews

Thanks Derek, the clarification is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
ChrisJones-Roberts
New Contributor III

Thank you that was very clear

0 Kudos