What happen if my local machine crashes ?

12-06-2016 06:09 AM
MagalyClément-Zaber
Occasional Contributor

Hi !

I wonder if we can recover apps from the production server to put them in a new WAB/server/apps/ ?

Apparently, it's not working. "Invalid App." ==> Is there a way to do this ? Should I have a subversion repository for the server/apps directory to prevent crashes ? But how to do this with multiples developpers ? Is there a best pratices to do that ?

Then I tested the export app for a WAB to import into another WAB (same version) (if i want to share my apps with another developper for example) and I have this problem  :

{"success":false,"message":"Some widgets are newer, import is failed. App name:[Test pour import], widget: Coordinate,2.1"}

It's the same version for the 2 WAB installation... (Widgets too)

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Magaly,

The error states that the widget version in the app are not the same. Have you checked the manifest,json for the widgets to be sure that the widget in the app you are importing is the same version as the new machines widget version in the stemapp widgets?

MagalyClément-Zaber
Occasional Contributor

For my test, I have copied all the sources in another machine, so yes, it's the same version...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Magaly,

It is possible to have one version of a widget in the app and then another in the stemapp folder so that is why I asked you to manually check. There is no reason that you would get that error message unless you had the version issue.

0 Kudos
MagalyClément-Zaber
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I use winmerge : the Widget coordinate is the same in server/apps/[numapp]/widgets/coordinate  and stemap/widgets/coordinate. I use the modified widget coordinate : Can I display current scale in web app builder application?

Other imports (apps create before) works well without this "external" widget. Maybe it's the cause...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is very likely the issue

0 Kudos