Select to view content in your preferred language

WebApp Builder Widgets Not Working

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 03:15 PM
mpboyle
Regular Contributor

I have built a webapp using the beta 2.0 release and when I download the app and place it on our web server, none of the widgets (basemap, query, draw, measure, legend, layer list) seem to load or work.  The only widget that does seem to work is the print widget.  Any ideas...?

Tags (1)
28 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Can you shoot me the zip file from the download for me to look at?

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Regular Contributor

Can do...how do you want to transfer the zip file?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You can attach it to a post (you have to be in the advanced editor I think).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

So the quick fix is to edit the config.json where it has things like:

"config": "/webappbuilder/apps/12/widgets/Draw/config_Draw.json"

it should be:

"config": "widgets/Draw/config_Draw.json"

So just remove "/webappbuilder/apps/12/"

Now why it was set that way when you deployed the app I don't know.

Once I made those changes to the config.json I go the widgets in your app to work.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Don't know where this app config comes out...

My config.json file in root folder of downloaded app from Builder beta 2 does not contains those widgets configuration file path, configuration is now contain in each widget's folder and all named config.json.

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Regular Contributor

Robert,

Those changes did the trick.  The print widget was working because for some reason it didn't have 'webappbuilder/apps/12' in the config line.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Have you tried adding a new app in Beta2 with some minimal widgets and deploying it to see if you get the same issue as you did with the other one?

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Regular Contributor

Robert,

I created another app placing widgets in both the header controller and the 3 placeholders under the geocode widget in the foldable theme.

This time around it seems like the widgets all work whether in the header or placeholders.

Maybe it was a fluke the first time around...?

widget.JPG

MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Mathew

I found that any of your widgets that you do something to within web app builder they will be prefixed with the widget name instead of just the config.json.  If they have been modified then it will also add that prefix to the url of the widget and it will not be found.  Why it does that I don't know but I did report it and will hopefully be fixed with the latest release.  I had the same trouble with beta1.

0 Kudos