Web Map does not display in Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
01-31-2018 11:17 AM
PaulMcCord2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem where I'm unable to add my web map to Web AppBuilder. I currently am running Web AppBuilder on a remote machine (ie, this is the machine where I'm running the startup batch file). On this remote machine is also where ArcGIS for Server 10.4.1. is installed. I'm hosting several Feature Services on Server. I've created my Web Map in ArcGIS Online, and, at the moment, the only layer I have in my Web Map is one of the Feature Services that is on Server (I added the feature service to my web map by going to my web map in ArcGIS Online, clicking on 'Add', then 'Search for Layers' in 'A GIS Server', then specifying the path to the content within ArcGIS Server and adding the relevant feature service).

The Feature Service is loaded to my Web Map fine and I'm able to click on features to display pop-ups and change symbology, etc. But when I attempt to bring this Web Map into Web AppBuilder, I get the following message: 'The layer, [layer name], cannot be added to the map.' Screen shot below:

Layer cannot be added to the web map.

If I click on Ok and try it again, I no longer get the message, but the layer still isn't added:

No error message, but no layer.

As you can see, the thumbnail in the upper-left is displaying the contents of the Web Map (it's a clip of many Brazilian municipalities).

The Web Map is shared to the public. And I've tried to isolate things to one machine (Server, Web AppBuilder) to avoid permissions problems. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

I Highly discourage the use of IP or LocalHost when configuring a web map. You should use the machine name.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PaulMcCord2
New Contributor III

I believe I've discovered the issue. When I added the feature service to my web map specifying the IP address (ie, http://ipaddress/arcgis/), the layer failed to load in Web AppBuilder. However, when I added the feature service to the web map by specifying 'localhost'(ie, localhost/arcgis), the layer was able to load into Web AppBuilder. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

I Highly discourage the use of IP or LocalHost when configuring a web map. You should use the machine name.

PaulMcCord2
New Contributor III

Thank you Robert. I'm now using the machine name and I'm having no issues bringing the web map into Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Great. Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
BrandonSaunders1
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue but changing between IP address and server name doesn't solve the problem...any other thoughts?